Thursday, January 7, 2010

a bag in progress


I have been wanting to knit a bag to carry my yarn and knitting supplies in. I wanted it to be a felted bag. I found one pattern that I kind of liked on Ravelry and printed it up, but I just was no passionate enough about the pattern to cast on. Yesterday I picked up the book Knit Wit 30 Easy and Hip Projects from the library. There was a photo on the front page of the bag I wanted, so last night I cast on. I had to cast on three times before I got it right with out twisting. The nice thing about this bag is that it will be felted, so little mistakes can be ignored, twisting was too big to ignore. I am using the yarn that I dyed last week in Kool Aid. I love the color palate.
I am also dying some of my wool today. One crockpot has coffee in it and the other black beans. I have seen photos of black beans making a nice violet, by beans seem to be making a gray. I have plenty of wool to dye and gray would make a nice mens item, so I will keep on playing around with dyes and see what I get. I also ordered a carder, but it will not be here for 2-4 weeks. I will try to get all the wool that I want to dye, dyed by that time, then I can get the fiber ready for spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment