Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pain Ordinaire

My sons are huge baguette fans. They love it when we go to the farmer's market and bring one home with our fresh produce. I have been looking for a good reciepe for a french style baguette. Today I was looking through my copy of The Bread Bible by Beth Hensperger and a recipe for Pain Ordinaire or French Bread was the second recipe in the book. It is a basic recipe, the ingredients are very inexpensive. I doubt the recipe cost me a dollar. It was very easy to make and the results are incredible.
I tried something new with this recipe that I had also read in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I sprayed the heating element in the oven with water when I put the bread in the oven. This is to create a crisp crust. Now I know the French secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment